Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day (Sort of)

Sorry this is late, I got held up doing homework, then I wanted to watch the original Psycho before bed (because too much homework can drive you insane, you know).

Anyway, in (late) honor of that lovely couple's holiday, I thought I'd transcribe a couple of paragraphs from a Psycho promotional poster I saw in the Bonus Features of the DVD.

First of all, I must warn you that PSYCHO is designed to be as terrifying as possible. Do not, however, heed the false rumor that it will frighten the moviegoer speechless. Some of my men were doomed to disappointment when they hopefully sent their wives to a preview. The women emerged badly shaken but still vigorously vocal.
To learn how false the rumor really is you have to come to the theatre  and listen to the screaming. A few may mumble incoherently, but they will definitely not be speechless. Be sure to bring your wives, a miracle may occur.
Alfred Hitchcock, encouraging happy marriages! ;)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment