Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

"Pirates of the Carribean Online", A Look Back



I thought I'd kick off the Halloween season with a retrospective of Pirates of the Caribbean Online, a now-defunct MMORPG run by Disney and featuring your favorite Caribbean pirates. It appears someone is remaking the game, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The game had you facing a villain named Jolly Roger, who has the whole Caribbean (and Jack Sparrow specifically) in his sights.

My fondest memories of the game are the invasions, which would happen on a regular basis at certain islands. The sky would turn green, the moon would acquire Jolly Roger's face, then the ships would come, and you would fight of waves of undead and walking trees (don't ask why) until old J.R. himself would show.




Yep, fighting creatures and undead, ship-to-ship combat, getting "killed" then coming to in jail, those were good times.








No comments:

Post a Comment