Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Video Game Photography

Long-time readers may recall my Pang 96! background collection which I've posted on here. Over the past few years I've also collected quite a few other screenshots from video games and online shows. It feels a bit like real photography, especially in the act of trying to set up shots. I often use Microsoft's Snipping Tool, but plenty of games allow one-button screen shooting. All games offered on Steam, for instance, allow you to take screenshots with the F12 key. Even this can be tricky though, depending on the shot you want. To get an action sequence, you have to time it right, to get the scenery, you want the right position, and it can be tricky to get the game to cooperate.

For the next couple of weeks or so I'll be focusing on shots I've taken from Batman: Arkham City. Following are screenshots I've taken from the menu section. There are a bunch of three-dimensional stills of Batman in action, and clicking through the options advances the sequence, picture by picture. Each time you cycle through the action sequence, there's a different villain at the end. There's a brief period where the buttons disappear and the scene is most uncovered, but only for a fraction of a second, unless your computer is slow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment